I suggest you ...

Drag and drop to rearrange slides

The arrange mode gives an overview of the slides but the system for moving them was non-obvious to me and very cumbersome: moving a slide across the deck is requires as many clicks as there are slides!

I would rather drag-and-drop the slides, perhaps you could have a drag icon/handle.

110 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    indoleringindolering shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ToniToni commented  · 

Current slide sorter is not good when you have more than couple of slides.

Would be great to have a sorter/overview view, similar you can find from office suites.

• Robert MartinRobert Martin commented  · 

I have a horizontal slide deck where I accidentally dropped one of the slides below another one. Now I can't figure out get it back into the main horizontal flow. Dragging and dropping would be much more intuitive - glad to see it's planned.

• PaulAustinPaulAustin commented  · 

+1, Great to see work is planned. Thank you.
        For larger decks I have found that zooming out the browser view does let me see the whole deck. (e.g. zoom chrome out ctrl- to 25%)

• Kevin GaryKevin Gary commented  · 

Please get to this, this is a frustrating experience

• GustavoGustavo commented  · 

Moving slides accross the entire deck to rearrange them is so cumbersom. Please provide some way to make this a more efficient process.

• OwenAdminOwen (Owner, Slides) commented  · 

Completely agree with this. We aren't satisfied with the current implementation of the arrange mode due to its cumbersome interaction and visuals.

We've had plans for changing to a drag-and-drop interface for a long time but haven't had time to get started on it just yet.

Feedback and Knowledge Base