I suggest you ...

Ability to rotate elements

It'd be great if there was an option to not only resize, but also rotate elements (eg images, text boxes etc.)

187 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    tobytoby shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Even worse when the upload rotates the wrong way!

• Anonymous commented  · 

This has been a concern, a problem, and a promise since 2013. It is very hard to get behind a tool doesn't deliver. I was hoping yours would be the one for me to share with educators and students.

• M MoserM Moser commented  · 

Visual handles for rotation would be a nice feature, but if you have a Pro account you can do this in a couple of steps. (1) Create your image or text; click on it and fill in "Class Name" at the bottom of the left panel, say with "rotate45" (no quotes). (2) Go to the Style menu and choose Custom CSS at the bottom. Paste in the following:
        .rotate45 {
        transform: rotateZ(45deg);
        }

Done!

Explanation: .rotate45 means "select all elements that have the class name rotate45". The transform line says to rotate the element around the z axis (the one going forward into your screen) by 45 degrees. You can create more classes, such as .rotate30 or .rotate92 or whatever, and just change the number in the CSS to 30deg, 92deg, etc. Just be careful not to add/remove spaces.

• JoshJosh commented  · 

YES PLEASE!

• GregGreg commented  · 

Agreed that this is essential. The lack of this option is extremely limiting.

• Matt MontagMatt Montag commented  · 

I think the overwhelming use case for this is adding directed lines and arrows.
        Upvoting this suggestion anyway. :)

Feedback and Knowledge Base