I suggest you ...

Copy individual slide between decks

Making slides is usually a matter of copy-and-paste from an old deck into a new deck (at least in Powerpoint). Copying is either a selection of elements from a slide, or one or more complete slides.

However I found it impossible to do copy-and-paste between different decks at slides.com. It is possible to clone an existing one - but what if it is too late or I want to copy from multiple sources?

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Stian Soiland-Reyes shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The template solution is not sufficient. If you have hundreds of talks, you cannot search the template view for the particular slide you need just by eye. It would be **much** easier to first select a talk, and then select the slide to use. Please consider adding this as soon as possible. It seems to be a feature that is pretty simple to implement.

Alternatively, if you turn on developer mode, you can copy and paste the slide HTML from one presentation to another. That worked for me

• Kalea Epitime commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's possible Be sure to select the slide in the slide list(chronological list of thumbnailed slides) to the left of the main screen - You'll see the selected slide with have an orange border to it. Hit Command-C if you're on a Mac, or CTRL-C if you're on a PC. Then go to your other PPT and select a blank spot(or slide you're replacing) on the slide list

• Andy Vale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, really need a better solution to this. It's causing us headaches that we really shouldn't be having.

• Matt Zeunert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The suggested solution isn't very straightforward.

I ended up copying the <slides> tags from the presentation of the old HTML, exporting my current presentation, inserting the copied <slides> tags and then loading the final HTML with the import feature.

Unfortunately the import feature doesn't let you add individual slides, it can only replace the entire presentation.

this is a terrible solution to the problem. You should be able to copy slides between decks more easily.

Feedback and Knowledge Base