I suggest you ...

Copy individual slide between decks

Making slides is usually a matter of copy-and-paste from an old deck into a new deck (at least in Powerpoint). Copying is either a selection of elements from a slide, or one or more complete slides.

However I found it impossible to do copy-and-paste between different decks at slides.com. It is possible to clone an existing one - but what if it is too late or I want to copy from multiple sources?

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Stian Soiland-ReyesStian Soiland-Reyes shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kalea EpitimeKalea Epitime commented  · 

It's possible Be sure to select the slide in the slide list(chronological list of thumbnailed slides) to the left of the main screen - You'll see the selected slide with have an orange border to it. Hit Command-C if you're on a Mac, or CTRL-C if you're on a PC. Then go to your other PPT and select a blank spot(or slide you're replacing) on the slide list

• Anonymous commented  · 

This is a non-solution.

• Andy ValeAndy Vale commented  · 

Yep, really need a better solution to this. It's causing us headaches that we really shouldn't be having.

• JoeyJoey commented  · 

+1 better solution please. This is a major setback.

• Ida AalenIda Aalen commented  · 

This isn't really completed. You need a better solution for this.

• Matt ZeunertMatt Zeunert commented  · 

The suggested solution isn't very straightforward.

I ended up copying the <slides> tags from the presentation of the old HTML, exporting my current presentation, inserting the copied <slides> tags and then loading the final HTML with the import feature.

Unfortunately the import feature doesn't let you add individual slides, it can only replace the entire presentation.

• Anonymous commented  · 

this is a terrible solution to the problem. You should be able to copy slides between decks more easily.

Feedback and Knowledge Base