[bug] unable to select top image surrounded by larger image in "freely position" mode
Cause: current selection supersedes z index in "freely position" mode when calculating hover selection. Since it is necessary to pass the mouse over the outer (lower) image to get to the inner (top) image, it is impossible to select the inner image with a relative pointing device.
- Insert a large and small image into a slide.
- Switch to "freely position" mode
- Push small image "to top" button
- Move small image to is is surrounded by larger image.
- Move the mouse cursor outside the larger image, then back in and over the smaller image.
Result: the larger image is selected
Expected result: the smaller image is selected, since it has a higher z-index.
The new Slides editor is always in “free positioning mode”, and handles layering much more gracefully.
Eric Drechsel commented
Tested: Firefox 21, Chrome 27.0.1453.116