General

1. Disable Google Analytics

Paid accounts should be able to disable all Google Analytics (including slides.com’s) on publicly-shared presentations.

Personally, I do not want to expose the people who view my presentations to surveillance by Google/Alphabet, etc. and help them build their World Wide Web-wide panopticon (based on my own crawls, Google Analytics alone gives Google eyes on 64.1% of the web).

As I now use slides.com for my keynotes, I would like to promote your service. Not least because you have a lovely independent business that isn’t a surveillance capitalist. If you could add the feature to disable Google Analytics, I can do…

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have added a new “Do Not Track” setting which makes this possible. If you turn on the DNT setting, we stop tracking your activity AND the activity of people viewing your content to Google Analytics.

To enable it, visit the account settings page.

2. Presentation timer should start only when you move off the first slide

It is common when presenting to set up your computer to present and then leave it for an extended period of time. With the current presentation view, if setup is half an hour before presentation time, your timer will be at 30 minutes before you’ve even begun your presentation.

By default, the timer should only start once you’ve moved off the first slide.

(At least having the option to make the timer behave in this way would make it usable for me.)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We just rolled out a few major changes to the speaker view timer. Here’s what’s new:
    - The timer is initially paused and starts on first navigation
    - There are controls for manually starting/pausing/resetting the timer
    - You can specify a time limit to see a countdown
    - We added a progress bar that shows your slide progress
    - If you have a countdown the progress bar has a thin line indicating the remaining time, so you can see if you’re falling behind

Let us know what you think!

3. Allow subdomain in the link option

you can not add a subdomain in the link option .

for example , help.slides.com it is not allowed , i need to refer subdomain . Thank You!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve always supported subdomains in links, but I believe the error you ran into is that we require a valid protocol to persist a link. For example http://help.slides.com worked but help.slides.com didn’t.

I just released an update that automatically adds the protocol if it’s left out.

4. Add table block in define API

Could you add table block in " define API ". So far when we pass a html table within an html block all tags are removed. Do you have a workaround?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Move/resize should be undo-able

If you move an object or resize a text box that action should be on the undo stack.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Export IFrame to PDF

Hey,

PDF exporting is great BUT...
    You lose all the Iframe content.

Could it be possible to replace the Iframe content by it's URL when exporting a PDF ?
    And maybe by a screenshot of the iframe content? (a clickable screenshot...)

So the reader would be able to reach the content, just clicking on it, rather than seeing a weird empty space...

Thanks,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! We’ve added a fallback for iframes in PDF exports. If you try to export again you should see a link in place of the missing iframe.

We’re not able to add screenshots of the page at this time but will consider that for a future improvement.

Let us know if you notice any errors!

7. Slide time

Give the ability to set times for each slide.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Update LESS version for Custom CSS

Newer features like Properties as Variables (http://lesscss.org/features/#variables-feature-properties-as-variables-new-) throw a syntax error in the custom CSS editor.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. We’ve updated to LESS 3.8.1 now so all newer features should work. Let us know if you run into any issues because of the update.

9. Better iframe error messaging

Improve error messaging when embedding iframes into a deck.

Right now, if I embed an iframe that causes it to not load via setting a bad X-Frame-Options value it shows the same message if the iframe fails to load because of a mixed content error (e.g. trying to embed an HTTP page inside a frame on an HTTPS page)

Would be great if I this could be improved. Spent 15 frustrating minutes messing about with X-Frame-Options before I realised it was mixed content and the message was too generic!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for reporting this Joe!

We already had an error message in place for mixed content but it was being replaced by the X-Frame-Options message. We’ve changed it so that the mixed content error takes precedence.

Let me know if you have any more comments on how that works.

10. Bug: Subscript and superscripts (sub/sup HTML tags) should make text smaller

Using HTML editor on developer mode I add some sub and sup HTML tags, for example to add an exponent. The text is moved up/down but with the same font size. Maybe this Wikipedia text is helpful: "the superscript *is about 60% of the original characters*, raised by about 44% above the baseline".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Support reveal's lazy loading feature

https://github.com/hakimel/reveal.js#lazy-loading

I use a lot of images and iframes, so this is essential. It ought to be the default (and maybe it is).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We use reveal.js’ lazy-loading with the default viewDistance setting (3) for all Slides presentations. I don’t think it makes sense to expose viewDistance as a setting since it’s not something most people need to think about.

12. Sync video in live mode

The new video functionality is great! In order to use non-autostart videos in the speaker view mode, it would be good if starting the video in speaker view would also trigger a start in the live view. If cumbersome to arrange with controls, it is enough to have an option "play on click".

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Turn off slide motion animation

Turn off the animation between slides. It would be really nice to turn off the slide animation for some presentations.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is already possible. If you open the “Style” panel in the left sidebar of the editor, there is a section where you can change the slide transition. One of the slide transition options is ‘none’ which removes all of the sliding transitions.

14. Line Numbers and Line Highlighting in CodeBox

I love this webservice.
    It will be even more awesome if you consider adding following features in the codebox

- show line numbers
    - highlight specific lines

SAMPLE: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-uUTSSdIA1i0/T9m97-A5niI/AAAAAAAAB-E/vRfRSLSDYko/s1600/add-syntax-highlighter-to-blogger.png

Thank You!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Grouping Decks

Ability to create folders/groups of slides

85 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 151 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve added support for image cropping! Select an image and look for the crop symbol in the sidebar to try it out. Here’s a quick screen recording showing it in action: https://static.slid.es/support/crop-image.mp4

We added a couple of new image options at the same time, including the ability to disable the enforced aspect ratio and resize an image freely.

Please let us know if you run into any errors and we’ll make sure to fix them.

17. Animation effects for elements

Have you planned to add animation effects to the elements? It's the only thing missing to make your software even more awesome than it is and compete with Keynote. Cheers

94 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Copy individual slide between decks

Making slides is usually a matter of copy-and-paste from an old deck into a new deck (at least in Powerpoint). Copying is either a selection of elements from a slide, or one or more complete slides.

However I found it impossible to do copy-and-paste between different decks at slides.com. It is possible to clone an existing one - but what if it is too late or I want to copy from multiple sources?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Give us an option to not preload a slide

I have a large presentation file with many iframes to demo content within.

This causes the load of the presentation to lag whilst it spends ages preloading all of the content.

Either give us a global switch to not preload or perhaps a control within the 'iframe' option that allows us to determine if the content is preloaded or loaded when the slide comes into view.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Just confirmed this to be working. Iframes are only loaded for the three nearest slides. This is checked every time you navigate, if a new iframe appears within the 3-slide distance it will start loading.

20. Enhanced performance of GIF files

… Would be great if GIFs only played on page load rather than playing constantly. They often end up half way through when you get to that slide.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

GIFs now start playing when their containing slide is shown. This ensures they’ll always start from the beginning.

This logic is applied to both on-slide and background images. However restarting GIFs used as background images does not work in Firefox.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base