General

1. Copy individual slide between decks

Making slides is usually a matter of copy-and-paste from an old deck into a new deck (at least in Powerpoint). Copying is either a selection of elements from a slide, or one or more complete slides.

However I found it impossible to do copy-and-paste between different decks at slides.com. It is possible to clone an existing one - but what if it is too late or I want to copy from multiple sources?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Page numbers on slides

Add the option to have page numbers at the bottom of each slide (separate from the progress bar setting).

People viewing a presentation could then refer to particular slides by number when they ask questions.

87 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Give us an option to not preload a slide

I have a large presentation file with many iframes to demo content within.

This causes the load of the presentation to lag whilst it spends ages preloading all of the content.

Either give us a global switch to not preload or perhaps a control within the 'iframe' option that allows us to determine if the content is preloaded or loaded when the slide comes into view.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Just confirmed this to be working. Iframes are only loaded for the three nearest slides. This is checked every time you navigate, if a new iframe appears within the 3-slide distance it will start loading.

4. Enhanced performance of GIF files

… Would be great if GIFs only played on page load rather than playing constantly. They often end up half way through when you get to that slide.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

GIFs now start playing when their containing slide is shown. This ensures they’ll always start from the beginning.

This logic is applied to both on-slide and background images. However restarting GIFs used as background images does not work in Firefox.

5. Slide collections/folders for organizing and easier private sharing

It is hard to organize a lot of slides, and share many private slides. It would be great to be able to make a collection or folder of slides (per class, for example) and share that collection with one shareable link, rather than each individual slide.

Being able to sort would also be good (even if it's alphabetical).

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Custom autoplay timing for each slide

Should be able to define a custom timing for each slide.
    Bring us the best of dead Sliderocket!

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enable Full Speaker View on iOS

The main reason I want to use Slides is to use my iPad to both *see* and control a presentation on a remote computer. As things stand, the remote control replaces the full “speaker view” on iOS. This isn’t what I need. As it requires one to turn around to watch the screen content, defeating the purpose of using Slides.

My classrooms are equipped with a Windows PC plugged into a projector, not allowing for installation of any piece of software. I want to use that computer to project slides, controlled via an iPad, but I also want to see…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

iPad users will now see the full speaker view, rather than the simplified mobile version of the page.

Let us know if you run into any problems with this.

8. Change transition effect per slide

Add the posibility to define a transition effect for certain slides which overrides the global one.

149 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Move slides

Make it possible to drag and drop slides. To reorder the slides.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Link to another slide

Provide ability to link to another slide instead of just a website. I'd love to use this format for a portfolio but don't want to make others have to scroll through to find what they want.

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Custom HTML and custom Fonts

I'd love the ability to add custom code, like for embedding an iFrame.
    Also, be able to use custom fonts, usually via services like Typekit, Google Fonts etc.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Create an Embeddable version

Something like JS Fiddle has, so I can embed inside of a blog post or on my website somewhere.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Don't darken background when the 'Slide background' menu is opened.

https://gfycat.com/AnotherIllCirriped

When I try to change the background colour I can't accurately see it until I close the menu. It darkens the slide and doesn't provide show the accurate colour.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback. We’ve changed how this works so that only part of the screen is darkened while applying a slide background. Hope that helps!

14. Hide sidebar in editor view

On laptops with small screens the black sidebar takes up too much space. When editing large slides, the editable space is clipped and you can't access the entire slide because there is no way to scroll the editor or hide the sidebar. Please add a toggle to the top level and contextual options in the sidebar to hide them when editing slides.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We decided to address the clipped workspace when editing large slides in a different way instead.

As of today, the editor will automatically scale slide content down to fit any display size. That means no more clipping or unreachable content on small screens.

Demo: https://twitter.com/slides/status/1015162515263770625

We don’t have any plans for adding an option to hide the sidebar at this time but hopefully the above change solves the layout issue for you.

15. Position the grid in front of the slide

In the editor settings one you can check the "Grid" option which "displays a grid *behind* the slide to help aligning". It would be nice to have an option for positioning the grid *in front of* the slide because when I want to overlap several larger elements then the first one already covers the grid and since that part of the grid is not visible anymore it consequentially doesn't help aligning anymore (apart from snapping).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. To fix the broken "zip" export

"Creating ZIP" for several minutes, then back to "Download ZIP" without download.

Same behaviour on various browsers and OS.

Pro Plan.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make Buttons and Text optional in Presentation mode - e.g. enabled full screen button, disabled share button and by author line

Status quo: There are 3 styles to choose when embedding the iframe.
    1. Dark style with by author line, share and full screen button
    2. All the same but in Light
    3. Hidden. All Elements are hidden

Why is it useful to make the elements (by author line, share and full screen button) optional?
    E.g. our use case is to embed the slides on our page as teaching material.
    Of course it's really useful for the students to make the slides bigger --> full screen, but as there is already our logo on our web page we don't want the…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey! We’ve added two new embed options that let you hide the byline and share button. Try generating your embed code again with both of those options turned on and you should only see the fullscreen button in the footer.

Thanks for the feedback!

18. Fragment on outlines (nested lists)

Add the possibility to add fragments to the lines of an outline, ie a nested ordered or un ordered list. This already work at the first level of a list but doesn't work if you have a lists inside a lists inside a list...

- first
    - first on first
    - second on first
    - second
    - first on second

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We just released a major redesign of the fragment mode to address a few different issues:

1. There’s a new sidebar where you can see all elements on the slide listed out. This lets you reach overlapping elements and enables you to create nested fragments (useful for nested bullet lists).

2. As soon as there are two or more fragments, a new interface will appear that allows you to preview fragments without leaving the current view.

3. There’s a new button for resetting all fragments.

Let us know if you run into any issues or have any comments.

Thanks!

19. Speaker notes react to user agent

Tried using the speaker notes in VR (High Fidelity), but a problem is that Slides.com seem to react to the user agent of the browser in a way that makes it difficult to use the speakernotes. If the user agent contains "mobile" it seems to default to the mobile, touch screen, setting even if the screen is large.

If there was a way to override the mobile version by using some kind of string in the url (like "?not-mobile") it would be possible to use the notes even on devices that happens to for some reason send the mobile user…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Copy to clipboard from code snippets

I show code snippets a lot, and it would be convenient for the audience to be able to have a copy-to-clipboard option. Yes, they can drag and select, but for larger code samples, that's awkward.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This has been added 🚀

If you hover over a code block anywhere outside of the editor, a blue Copy button will appear in the top right corner.

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base