Skip to content

General

233 results found

1. Sitewide Dropbox Backup

Allow for setting up an account-wide Dropbox backup. As far as I understand, this is currently a per-deck setting.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Dropbox sync is already activated at the account level. After enabling Dropbox, any future edit to any of your decks will trigger it to sync to your Dropbox account.

2. AI editing tool integration

Integrate text automation AI tools like rephrase, make shorter or longer

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Zoom in and out in the editor workspace and deck view

It would be helpful to to zoom in and out in the editor workspace and deck view

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Implement magic move

The ability to seamlessly animate objects from one slide to the next is one of the greatest features in Keynote.

I haven’t had a chance to look into reveal.js yet but I assume the data structure contains slide objects that contain the various elements on a slide. This could be implemented by giving ids to elements and, if the transition type is set to, for example “auto animate”, key properties of elements with the same id can be tweened (e.g., x position, y position, width, height, opacity, rotation).

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add correct keyboard shortcut tooltips for MacOS

Currently the tooltips describing keyboard shortcuts are describing Windows keys (SHIFT + ALT + A) but on MacOS it should be (SHIFT + OPTION + A).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for letting us know! This was one me, my Mac keyboard actually has both “alt” and “option” written on the key, but that seems to be rare.

I’ve updated the tooltips to use the same shortcut formatting as the rest of the editor now so there’ll be a symbol instead of ALT written out.

6. Ability to select slides out of order during streawming

I am not seeing a mechanism to permit the ability to jump between slides in the deck during streaming. Suppose that I have multiple backup slides to address potential questions at the end of the deck. How do I jump back and forth as necessary within the viewer. Also, it is SUPER annoying that one has to scroll horizontally to reorder slides in the deck. Why isn't there a table format for this?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. It’s already possible to jump ahead to a slide in a live streamed deck but it wasn’t documented. I’ve more info and instructions for how to do this under “Jumping to a slide” in the following help article: https://help.slides.com/knowledgebase/articles/333924-present-view-live-streaming

Our presentation format supports adding slides in two directions. Your main slides are added horizontally, but you can also add optional vertical slides underneath each slide. The slide arrange mode was built the way it was to support both horizontal and vertical slides. It’s not a very efficient use of space when there’s only slides in one direction and we’ll make sure to consider revising it.

7. Dart support

Great presentation tool! I noticed that you're missing Dart as a language for code. Any chance you can add that soon?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Fix slide jumps upon undoing

Sometimes when editing text and then undoing the change, slides jumps back to a previously edited slide, which is confusing and does not let one see the effect of the undo. To reproduce: create a new deck and change the "Title text" placeholde to "First slide". Then add a second title slide and change the "Title text" to "Second Slide". Click outside the text box (to deselect it), and finally "undo". You are back to "First slide". This is confusing.

This also happens for other types of edits as well, not only text, but it is most striking when editing…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! This issue has been selected. We made another improvement to the undo history too, which should ensure that you get to actually see the change you’re undoing before switching to the previous slide in the undo history.

Let me know if you notice any errors.

9. It would be great to implement shift+move to move on-axis

The smart snap feature is great, but on some occasion where many snaps are in the way, it would be great to have the option to shift+move on axis.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great idea. This has been implemented. Holding shift will only move the block along the dominant axis.

Let me know if you have an feedback about how it works.

10. SVG Shadows

Please allow us to add drop-shadow to shapes.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Disable Google Analytics

Paid accounts should be able to disable all Google Analytics (including slides.com’s) on publicly-shared presentations.

Personally, I do not want to expose the people who view my presentations to surveillance by Google/Alphabet, etc. and help them build their World Wide Web-wide panopticon (based on my own crawls, Google Analytics alone gives Google eyes on 64.1% of the web).

As I now use slides.com for my keynotes, I would like to promote your service. Not least because you have a lovely independent business that isn’t a surveillance capitalist. If you could add the feature to disable Google Analytics, I can do…

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have added a new “Do Not Track” setting which makes this possible. If you turn on the DNT setting, we stop tracking your activity AND the activity of people viewing your content to Google Analytics.

To enable it, visit the account settings page.

12. Presentation timer should start only when you move off the first slide

It is common when presenting to set up your computer to present and then leave it for an extended period of time. With the current presentation view, if setup is half an hour before presentation time, your timer will be at 30 minutes before you’ve even begun your presentation.

By default, the timer should only start once you’ve moved off the first slide.

(At least having the option to make the timer behave in this way would make it usable for me.)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We just rolled out a few major changes to the speaker view timer. Here’s what’s new:
    - The timer is initially paused and starts on first navigation
    - There are controls for manually starting/pausing/resetting the timer
    - You can specify a time limit to see a countdown
    - We added a progress bar that shows your slide progress
    - If you have a countdown the progress bar has a thin line indicating the remaining time, so you can see if you’re falling behind

Let us know what you think!

13. Allow subdomain in the link option

you can not add a subdomain in the link option .

for example , help.slides.com it is not allowed , i need to refer subdomain . Thank You!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve always supported subdomains in links, but I believe the error you ran into is that we require a valid protocol to persist a link. For example http://help.slides.com worked but help.slides.com didn’t.

I just released an update that automatically adds the protocol if it’s left out.

14. Add table block in define API

Could you add table block in " define API ". So far when we pass a html table within an html block all tags are removed. Do you have a workaround?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Move/resize should be undo-able

If you move an object or resize a text box that action should be on the undo stack.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Export IFrame to PDF

Hey,

PDF exporting is great BUT...
    You lose all the Iframe content.

Could it be possible to replace the Iframe content by it's URL when exporting a PDF ?
    And maybe by a screenshot of the iframe content? (a clickable screenshot...)

So the reader would be able to reach the content, just clicking on it, rather than seeing a weird empty space...

Thanks,

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! We’ve added a fallback for iframes in PDF exports. If you try to export again you should see a link in place of the missing iframe.

We’re not able to add screenshots of the page at this time but will consider that for a future improvement.

Let us know if you notice any errors!

17. Hide sidebar in editor view

On laptops with small screens the black sidebar takes up too much space. When editing large slides, the editable space is clipped and you can't access the entire slide because there is no way to scroll the editor or hide the sidebar. Please add a toggle to the top level and contextual options in the sidebar to hide them when editing slides.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We decided to address the clipped workspace when editing large slides in a different way instead.

As of today, the editor will automatically scale slide content down to fit any display size. That means no more clipping or unreachable content on small screens.

Demo: https://twitter.com/slides/status/1015162515263770625

We don’t have any plans for adding an option to hide the sidebar at this time but hopefully the above change solves the layout issue for you.

18. Slide time

Give the ability to set times for each slide.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Update LESS version for Custom CSS

Newer features like Properties as Variables (http://lesscss.org/features/#variables-feature-properties-as-variables-new-) throw a syntax error in the custom CSS editor.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. We’ve updated to LESS 3.8.1 now so all newer features should work. Let us know if you run into any issues because of the update.

20. Better iframe error messaging

Improve error messaging when embedding iframes into a deck.

Right now, if I embed an iframe that causes it to not load via setting a bad X-Frame-Options value it shows the same message if the iframe fails to load because of a mixed content error (e.g. trying to embed an HTTP page inside a frame on an HTTPS page)

Would be great if I this could be improved. Spent 15 frustrating minutes messing about with X-Frame-Options before I realised it was mixed content and the message was too generic!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reporting this Joe!

We already had an error message in place for mixed content but it was being replaced by the X-Frame-Options message. We’ve changed it so that the mixed content error takes precedence.

Let me know if you have any more comments on how that works.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base